Over the last year, ransomware attacks have been severely affecting the dental community and impacting practices of all sizes. Ransomware attacks may result in the shutdown of your office and theft of patient records and confidential health information. Ransom demands can even exceed $200,000. If the ransom is not paid, your patient personal and financial information may be auctioned for sale on the Dark Web. Cloud backups, firewalls and anti-virus software may not provide complete protection…yet 90% of practices across the US are relying on this technology alone to protect their data.
Attendees will learn the following:
- Technologies, methodologies, and training to protect your patient records from ransomware attack
- The impact of a cyberattack on a dental specialty practice
- How hackers access your data and where they post it after it is stolen
- The difference between IT companies and cybersecurity companies in protecting your data
- The financial and emotional impact of a cyberattack against your practice
CE Credit Units:
Level of skill recommended for participants:
Of interest to Dentists, Students & Residents, Dental Auxiliaries and Office Staff
Gary Salman, Chief Executive Officer, Black Talon Security, LLC, BA, Business Administration – Muhlenberg College. As the CEO and co-founder of Black Talon Security, Gary is dedicated to data security and understanding the latest trends in the industry, particularly as they relate to the dental industry. He has decades of experience in software development and computer IT and developed one of the very first Cloud-based healthcare systems.
Instructor Disclosure of any conflicts of interest:
Mr. Salman is CEO of Black Talon Security, LLC.